Terms & Conditions
The privacy of your personal information has always been important to us at WealthPath Financial Services. In addition to complying with existing laws that govern confidential information that you provide to us, we are also required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. We will always seek to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles as well as other applicable laws affecting your personal information.
Collecting Your Personal Information
Your personal information will be collected and held by Peter Maurer and WealthPath Financial Services who are authorised representatives of GWM Adviser Services Limited, an Australian Financial Services Licensee, for the purposes of:
• providing you with the advisory services that you have requested;
• managing our relationship with you; or
• contacting you about products and services in which you may be interested.
To enable your financial adviser to provide you with financial advice you request that is suitable for your investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs we need to obtain and hold personal information about you. This includes:
• your name, contact details and date of birth;
• employment details and history;
• financial details including information about your financial needs and objectives, your current financial circumstances including your assets and liabilities, income, expenditure, insurance cover and superannuation;
• details of your investment preferences and risk tolerance;
• family circumstances and social security eligibility; and
• any other information that we consider necessary.
The personal information collected may include sensitive information such as health information and memberships of professional or trade associations.
If it is reasonable and practicable we will only collect your personal information from you. Generally your personal information will be collected when you meet with your adviser in person, provide your adviser with information over the telephone or with written material. We may need to collect personal information from third parties, such as your accountant.
How Your Personal Information is Held
Your personal information is generally held in client files or a computer database. Your personal information may also be held in a secure archiving facility.
We will seek to ensure that we take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Some of the measures that we have adopted are having facilities for the secure storage of personal information, having secure offices and access controls for our computer systems.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that we no longer need for any purpose for which may be used or disclosed under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed for purposes related to the provision to you of the financial advice you have requested. The types of service providers that may be provided with your personal information are:
• other financial advisers and organisations involved in providing the financial advice you have requested (which may include ongoing service) such as fund managers who assist us in providing financial advice and paraplanners; funds managers who assist us in providing financial advice and paraplanners;
Your personal information may also be used in connection with such purposes.
• insurance providers, superannuation trustees and product issuers in connection with the provision to you of the financial advice you have requested;
• organisations that assist in operating a financial planning business such as those that provide administrative, financial, accounting, insurance, research, legal, computer or other business services;
• your representatives or service providers such as your accountant, solicitor, tax agent, stockbroker or bank;
• organisations involved in a business restructure or a transfer of all or part of the assets of our business or the due diligence procedures prior to any such sale or transfer;
• government authorities and other organisations when required by law; and
• organisations that you have consented to your personal information being disclosed to.
Your personal information may also be used in connection with such purposes.
We will seek to ensure that your personal information is not used or disclosed for any purpose other than:
• the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is related to the primary purpose for which it was collected or a related secondary purpose;
• where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
• in other circumstances where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise the use or disclosure such as when it is required by or authorised under law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who provide services to us, in which case we will seek to ensure that the personal information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Organisations outside Australia
In order to provide you with our services, we may need to share your information with organisations outside Australia (for example Information Technology providers) – these countries include:
We may store your information in the cloud or other types of networked or electronic storage. As electronic or networked storage can be accessed from various countries via an internet connection, it’s not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. If your information is stored in this way, disclosures may occur in countries other than those listed. Overseas organisations may be required to disclose information we share with them under a foreign law. In those instances, we will not be responsible for that disclosure.
Accessing your Personal Information
You can gain access to your personal information that we hold. This is subject to exceptions allowed by law such as where providing you with access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others. If we deny a request for access we will provide you with the reasons for this decision. To request access please contact us (see “Contacting Us and Privacy Issues” below).
Correcting Your Personal Information
We endeavour to take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that any of the personal information that we hold is not accurate, complete or up-to-date please contact us (see “Contacting Us and Privacy Issues” below) and provide us with evidence that it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we agree that the personal information requires correcting we will take reasonable steps to do so. If we do not correct your personal information we will provide you with the reasons for not correcting your personal information. If you request that we associate with the information a statement claiming that the information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request.
Contacting Us and Privacy Issues
You can obtain further information on request about the way in which we manage the personal information that we hold or you can raise any privacy issues with us, including a complaint about privacy, by contacting us on 07 5444 0675. We are committed to resolving your complaint.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions for use of this site and access to the information contained on this site.
1. GWM Adviser Services Limited, its authorised representatives and other members of the National Australia group of companies:
(a) do not give any warranty or make any representation as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or security of the information contained on this site and as to changes in circumstances after the date of publication that may impact on the accuracy of the information;
(b) may change and update the information from time to time;
(c) make no representation in relation to, and are not responsible in any way, for the content of any other site you access via this site; and
(d) own the copyright in the information on this site.
2. Any trade marks appearing on this site are the trade marks of a member of the National Australia group of companies or a third party. Users must not use or reproduce any of the trademarks that appear on this site.
3. Users of this site must not:
(a) do anything to alter or modify the information on this site;
(b) use the material on this site for any purpose other than as a source of information for personal use unless authorised to the contrary;
(c) distribute, copy or otherwise reproduce in any way any of the material available from this site unless it is expressly authorised;
(d) post any material which is defamatory, in breach of copyright, in breach of the Trade Practices Act or otherwise in any way unlawful or inappropriate.
4. Users can print a hard copy of material on this site for their personal use only other than material where this is prohibited by a notice to that effect on this site.
5. The information contained on this site is made available to residents of Australia and its territories and is not intended to be a recommendation, offer or invitation to take up securities or other investment
6. GWM Adviser Services Limited and other members of the National Australia group of companies are not liable in any way to any person for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred as a result of the material contained on this site or from unauthorised access to, or any misuse of this site including, without limitation, any negligence by GWM Adviser Services Limited and other members of the National Australia group of companies.
7. All references on this site to “$” or “dollars” are references to Australian currency unless otherwise stated.
8. Users of this site agree to indemnify GWM Adviser Services Limited and other members of the National Australia group of companies from all liability, cost and expense, (including legal fees) arising directly or indirectly from the use or distribution by any person of material placed on the site by the user or from the alteration, modification of or addition to material on the site by the user.
9. GWM Adviser Services Limited and other members of the National Australia group of companies do not endorse and are not responsible for information, feedback, questions or comments placed on this site by third parties. GWM Adviser Services Limited and other members of the National Australia group of companies can reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others in their absolute discretion.
10. Links to other sites are provided for your convenience only. Any such links do not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendations of any other company, product or service or any affiliation between GWM Adviser Services Limited and other organisation (unless otherwise expressly stated). GWM Adviser Services Limited does not control and is not responsible or the content of any other site accessed via this site.
11. You consent to GWM Adviser Services Limited monitoring your use of this site.
General Advice Warning:
The contents of this website have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that you should, before taking any action to acquire any of the financial products mentioned on this website or to transfer your personal business to HSBC, consider whether that is appropriate having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs.